History and Philosophy of Science (L)
Welcome to the home page of Section L, the History and Philosophy of Science section of the AAAS.
Read a letter from our Section chair, Jane Maienschein, about the section’s activities.
OfficersRead a list of current officers.
- Section L Annual Meeting at the AAAS
Saturday, 18 February 2012: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Oceanview Suite 6 (Pan Pacific)
- George Sarton Memorial Lecture in the History and Philosophy of Science
Robert Smith, University of Alberta
"Making Science Big: From Little Science to Megaprojects?"
Saturday, 18 February 2012: 12:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
Room 202-204 (VCC West Building)
- Event-related links:
Over 200 professional societies are affiliated with the AAAS. Several have representatives at Section L:
- American Institute of Physics
- American Philosophical Association
- American Statistical Association
- Association for Symbolic Logic
- History of Science Society
- Sigma Pi Sigma
- Society for the History of Technology
- Society for the Social Studies of Science
- Southern Society for Philosophy and Psychology