Programs: Science and Policy
ELISS: Emerging Leaders In Science and Society
How You Can Help
Donate now to empower future leaders and connect communities!
Make a tax–deductible donation today to help make ELISS a reality! All donations, large and small, will help to support the launch of ELISS. Your donation will:
- Support informed dialogue in communities across the nation about solutions to real–world challenges that matter to you.
- Prepare emerging leaders to contribute to solutions for real–world challenges through their scholarship, civic lives, and future careers.
Seeking Founding Partners!
Founding Partners are organizations or individuals who play a key role in launching ELISS by making a major contribution during 2013. Founding partners will be invited to help shape the ELISS program and will be recognized for the lifetime of ELISS for playing an instrumental part in establishing the program. Founding sponsorships are available in the following areas:
- Student Sponsor – Support graduate or professional students in particular disciplines in the natural and social sciences; engineering; arts; humanities; or professional fields such as business, medicine, and law.
- Campus Sponsor – Sponsorships are currently available for the University of Washington, University of Pennsylvania, Purdue University, and Stanford University. Additional campuses will be invited in subsequent years.
- Theme Sponsor – Sponsor training and activities in either Energy & Environment or Health & Wellbeing. Collaborate with ELISS staff and mentors to develop a list of hot topics from which students may choose and interact with students in your theme area throughout the year.
- Class Sponsor – Underwrite the cost of an ELISS class to allow maximum time and effort for program development. Class sponsors will be invited to work with ELISS to shape the program.
Sponsors will be recognized in all materials and events that your contributions support, receive invitations to the final briefing in Washington D.C., and have the opportunity to connect with the ELISS students, mentors, and communities.
Please contact us to learn more.
Volunteer Some Time
A spirit of service is a common bond of the ELISS community. As such, volunteers have been integral in the development and design of ELISS.
- Opportunities for graduate or professional student volunteers arise frequently, ranging from projects taking a few hours to internships of several months or more.
- Opportunities for mentors from all sectors with expertise in one of our theme areas (Energy and Environment or Health and Wellbeing) or in leadership development range from programmatic advice to providing career advice for ELISS fellows.
page updated 05/23/2013