Neuroscience and Data Sharing Symposium
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Coffee and check-in, Sponsored by the Society for Neuroscience
9:00 am - 9:20 am: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Alan Leshner, Chief Executive Officer, AAAS and Executive Publisher of the journal Science
9:20 am - 11:30 am: Panel I – Challenges and Opportunities in Data Sharing
- Moderated by Jerry Sheehan, Assistant Director for Policy Development, National Library of Medicine
- Marcia McNutt, Editor-in-Chief, Science
- Yuan Liu, Chief, Office of International Activities NIH/NINDS
- Nina Preuss, Senior IT & Scientific Program Manager, Turner Consulting Group
- Paul Albert, Branch Chief, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at NIH
11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Lunch on your own
- Space is available at AAAS to network while you eat
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Neuromorpho.org – A Working Example in Data Sharing
- Giorgio Ascoli, Professor of Neuroscience, George Mason University
2:30 pm - 2:45 pm: Coffee Break, Sponsored by the Society for Neuroscience DC Metro Area Chapter
2:45 pm - 4:45 pm: Panel II: Building the Road Forward
- Moderated by Jennifer Buss, Director of Center for Neurotechnology Studies, PIPS
- Rita Colwell, Chairman, Canon US Life Sciences, Inc.
- Justin Sanchez, Program Manager, Defense Sciences Office, DARPA
- Kristin Branson, Janelia Group Leader, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Michael Huerta, Associate Director of the US National Library of Medicine, NIH
- Erie Meyer, Senior Advisor to the U.S. Chief Technology Officer, Office of Science and Technology Policy
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm: Closing comments Philip Rubin, Principal Assistant Director for Science, Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Michael Swetnam, CEO, Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm: Networking
Sponsored by AAAS and the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
A One-Day Symposium at AAAS hosted by the NeuroPolicy and Big Data Affinity Groups.
Register to attend the live event or visit http://www.potomacinstitute.org to view the webcast.
Tweet your questions using #NeuroDataPolicy.