• Table of Contents
Why Stay at an Official AAAS Meeting Hotel?
- Take advantage of deep discounts on room rates. Discount rates are still available at the Omni Hotel through 1 February.
- Get special benefits available only to AAAS guests (read more below)
- Reduce extra travel costs and time by being the closest to all activities
- Have the peace of mind that your room reservation is guaranteed
- Easily network with colleagues, Nobel laureates, and other leading scientists, engineers, and educators
- Have a better conference experience
The AAAS hotels are the closest downtown to the space occupied by AAAS at the San Diego Convention Center. Events also will be held at the Marriott Hotel and Marina and the Grand Hyatt. Don't waste your time or money. Other hotels require taxi rides or much longer walking times.
On occasion, one of the many Internet providers or sometimes the hotel itself will offer a few rooms in their inventory at a lower price than the conference is offering. Restrictions and penalties are often associated with these rates. If you obtain a better rate than the one offered by the conference, your stay will still be counted toward our required room block.
A deposit of one night's room and tax is required with each reservation request. Reservations will not be processed without credit card information or a check for a deposit.
To pay your deposit by check, please make your reservation by telephone and then mail a check to the hotel in which you reserved a room. The check should be in the amount of one night's room and tax for each room reserved, and made payable to your reservation hotel. Please mail it with a copy your housing confirmation e-mail as well as the guest(s) contact information and arrival and departure information.
Built into the discounted accommodations rates is a $10 rebate on all sleeping rooms to offset the convention center rental fees.
Through 1 February, special room rates are still available at the Omni Hotel San Diego for some nights. Make a reservation there through the AAAS Housing Bureau. To make a reservation after 1 February, call the Omni Hotel directly at (619) 231-6664.
- Omni Hotel San Diego
675 L Street
Rates: $230 Single/Double
Rates do not include the 12.565% tax/fee (subject to change).
AAAS attendees who book their sleeping rooms at the Omni enjoy:
- Complimentary high speed and wireless internet in guest
- A 10% discount in all hotel snack bars and restaurants
- San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina
333 West Harbor Drive
Rates: Determined by the hotel.
Rates do not include 12.5% tax and $0.23 fee per night (subject to change).
AAAS attendees who book their sleeping rooms at the Marriott enjoy:
- An extra 500 points in Marriott Rewards
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
1 Market Place
Rates: $235 Single/Double
Rates do not include the 12.5% tax and $0.22 fee per night (subject to change).
AAAS attendees who book their sleeping rooms at the Hyatt enjoy:
- Complimentary internet access in all guest rooms
- 10% discount in all hotel snack bars and restaurants
- 20% discount on all KIN Spa services
- Complimentary access to hotel fitness center
To make a reservation at the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina or the Manchester Grand Hyatt, please contact the hotels directly.
San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina: The hotel will charge a one night's deposit if the cancellation is not received by 6:00 p.m. on the date of arrival.
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego: The hotel will charge a one night's deposit if the cancellation is not received by 3:00 p.m. PST 24 hours prior to arrival.
Omni Hotel San Diego: The hotel will charge a one night's deposit if the cancellation is not received 72 hours before the confirmed arrival date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How do I reserve a hotel room?
A. To book at the Omni Hotel, visit the AAAS Housing Bureau and follow the instructions to reserve a room. After 1 February, call the hotel directly at 619-645-6545.
To book at the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina or the Manchester Grand Hyatt, or to make changes to your reservations, contact the hotels directly (see above).
Processing your reservations from the Housing Bureau into the hotel system between 29 January and 2 February will take a few days. Rest assured that if you have received a confirmation number already from the Housing Bureau, the hotel will honor your booking.
- Q. What is the weather like in February?
A. In February, San Diego's temperatures range from 48°F to 66°F (9°C to 19°C) and precipitation averages 1.5” (3.8 cm). Check www.weather.com for updates. The zip code for the area is 92101.