Meetings: Hotels and Travel
• Table of Contents
Why stay at an official AAAS meeting hotel?
- Official hotels are AAAS endorsed and inspected.
- Take advantage of deep discounts on room rates.
- Reduce extra travel time and costs by being close to all activities.
- Easily network with colleagues, Nobel laureates, and other leading scientists, engineers, educators, and policy-makers.
- It’s a quick trip to get to the meeting and just as quick to return to your room for a break.
- Have the peace of mind that your room reservation is guaranteed.
- Housing representatives are available for on-site assistance with official hotels.
- Friendly booking terms: No Change Fees; No FULL Pre-Payment.
- Have a better conference experience.
- You will help the non-profit AAAS keep future meeting costs low.
The AAAS hotels are close to the space occupied by AAAS at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Events also will be held at the Renaissance Downtown and the Grand Hyatt Washington. AAAS receives a $10 rebate on sleeping rooms to offset rental fees.
If you find a room rate at a conference hotel that is lower than the price AAAS is offering, special restrictions and penalties often will apply; however, you will still help the non-profit AAAS keep meeting costs low.
Ask for AAAS Rates
The AAAS Housing Bureau is no longer accepting new hotel reservations. To reserve a room or change a reservation, contact the hotels directly by phone. If rooms are still available, the Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, and Renaissance will offer the AAAS rates. You must make your reservation using the telephone numbers below.
Inside the Grand Hyatt
[Photo © by Flickr user “OZinOH”]
- Renaissance Downtown
999 Ninth Street NW
Rate: $232 Single/$252 Double (Plus 14.5% Tax)
Telephone: (202) 898-9000
Amenities: Complimentary fitness center and spa, free wireless in public areas, and applicable Marriott Rewards points.
- Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street Northwest
Rate: Prevailing hotel rates (Plus 14.5% Tax)
Telephone: (202) 582-1234
Amenities: Lobby access to Metro Center Subway Station (Blue, Orange, and Red Lines), free wireless high-speed Internet access in lobby, 24-hour business center, indoor heated pool, and applicable Hyatt Passport points.
- Embassy Suites Convention Center
900 10th Street NW
Rate: $234 Single/$259 Double (Plus 14.5% Tax)
Telephone: (202) 739-2001
Amenities: Free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wireless access and computer kiosks in the lobby, free Manager’s Reception every evening, free use of Business Center, free use of fitness center and gym, and applicable Hilton Honors points.
- Hampton Inn Convention Center
901 6th Street, NW
Rate: $209 Single/Double (Plus 14.5% Tax)
Telephone: (202) 842-2500
Amenities: Free hot buffet breakfast, free high-speed Internet access in guestroom and lobby area, free local phone calls and no surcharge for long distance calls made with credit card, free use of Business Center, free coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours a day, free use of indoor pool and fitness center, and applicable Hilton Honors points.
All AAAS hotels will charge a one night room and tax fee if the reservation is cancelled within 72 hours of arrival or if you fail to arrive on the date of your reservation. Also, your full reservation will be cancelled.