DoSER Is Hiring: Senior Program Associate
Senior Program Associate
The American Association for the Advancement of Science seeks a Senior Program Associate to work within the AAAS Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion Program. The position involves a project in partnership with select seminaries throughout the United States to integrate science into their core curricula, with a goal of promoting a positive understanding of science among religious leaders and eventually the communities they serve.
This position is anticipated to extend for an initial period of one year with the potential for renewal contingent on performance.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Works with partners including Association of Theological Schools, religious leaders and prominent scientists on seminary science curricula development and implementation.
- Facilitation of planned workshops and events.
- Writes and edits project-related materials.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the project and supervises project interns.
- Extensive university or college level training leading to a Bachelor’s, degree in the biological or physical sciences.
- Master’s degree or PhD in science or theology, with coursework in theology or seminary based training, or similar relevant experience.
- Experience or familiarity with theological seminaries and curricula administration.
- Strong technology skills in contemporary software packages, particularly in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel at least twice annually.
- Experience organizing public events.