Building on AAAS's long-standing commitment to relate scientific knowledge and technological development to the purposes and concerns of society at large, the Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion (DoSER) facilitates communication between scientific and religious communities.
Earth & the Environment Resources
Below you will find a collection of resources to help you explore the topic of Earth & the Environmet, including past DoSER events, DoSER publications, and AAAS resources, as well as some external resources.
Consumption, Population, and Sustainability: Perspectives from Science and Religion edited by Audrey R. Chapman, Rodney L. Petersen and Barbara Smith-Moran, 1999. Order from Amazon ($35.00; plus S/H).
- AAAS Global Climate-Change Resources pages
- Science: Sea Level Rise Could Be Bad, But Not as Bad as Some Models Suggest, [4 May 2012]
- Projects Suggest Underground Carbon Storage May Help Limit Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Researchers Say, [5 March 2012]
- U.S. Climate Scientists Visit Capitol Hill for Intensive Day of Bridge-Building, 7 [February 2012]
- AAAS Coalition Explores Perspectives of Indigenous Communities on Climate Change, [6 February 2012]
- Science: A Focus on Methane and Black Carbon Could Hasten Control of Global Warming, [12 January 2012]
- Science Gives SPORE Award to Earth Exploration Toolbook, [30 September 2011]
- Pamela C. Ronald: Global Food Crisis Requires New Technologies, Cooperation, [12 July 2011]
- AAAS Board: Attacks on Climate Researchers Inhibit Free Exchange of Scientific Ideas, [29 June 2011]
- Researchers Discuss Understudied Geoengineering Approaches to Climate Change, [5 May 2011]
- A Warming Climate Could Cause Dramatic Reduction in U.S. Crop Yields, Expert Says, [6 April 2011]
- Climate Scientists Cautiously Hopeful After a Day of Congressional Visits, [2 March 2011]
- American Geophysical Union
- U.S. Geological Survey
- The National Academy of Sciences website on drinking water around the world
- The National Academy of Sciences on Climate, Energy, Environment, and Public Health
- Koshland Science Musuem’s Earth Lab: Degrees of Change
- Check your carbon footprint
- Top 50 Things To Do To Stop Global Warming
Return to Earth and the Environment