Our activities focus on providing scientists and scientific institutions with the resources they need to have meaningful conversations with the public.
Countless public outreach and engagement opportunities exist in your own backyard!
Here are some ideas on how to identify programs or events and get involved:
- Many universities, funding agencies, and science societies and organizations have public outreach programs. Check with your institution for activities of interest and ideas for new activities in your community.
- Some of the best ways to get ideas about what forms of public engagement are most suitable for your work is to understand what has worked for others. Talk to others in the field who have participated in the kinds of events in which you would like to participate.
To reach out to specific organizations or institutions, search these resources:
- Find a Science Café – WGBH Science Unit in association with Sigma Xi
- Find a Science Center – Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC)
- Find a Science Festival – Science Festival Alliance
For more information about public engagement activities and events, contact the AAAS Center for Public Engagement with Science and Technology.