We strive to help cultivate a new and diverse generation of inventors and increase global understanding of the role of invention in creating new products and building new businesses, and the importance of inventors and invention education in building economies and fostering innovation.
Ambassadors in Action
- Invention Ambassador Paul Stamets at the 2014 Google SciFoo Convention
- Ivention Ambassador Steve Sasson was the featured subject of a project by a graduate student of Invention Ambassador Karen Burg who was completing her MBA Entrepreneuership Certificate. Powerpoint to that presentation found here:
- AAAS Ambassadors and AAAS staff gathered at the home of Invention Ambassador Paul Stamets for a celebration of the program
- Ambassador panels at "Creating a Strong Invention Ecosystem to Solve Critical 21st Century Problems" at the AAAS Annual Meeting, IBM Research Center-Almaden
- Apr. 18, 2015 - Paul Stamets "Fungi to the Rescue" feature on Coast to Coast AM Radio
- Mar. 17, 2015 - Rory Cooper: "Human Engineering Research Laboratories" feature on WTAE TV
- Jan. 20, 2015 - Rory Cooper: "NPR-WESA Story on International Society for Wheelchair Professionals"
- Dec. 31, 2014 - Rory Cooper: Impel - Unboxed Presentation
- Nov. 2014 - Paul Stamets - "Mushrooms as Medicine: from Helping Treat Cancer to Bees and Biosecurity
- Nov. 21, 2014 - Paul Sanberg acknowledges Invention Ambassador program in letter to Science Magazine, "Rewarding Academic Innovation"
- Nov. 10, 2014 - Steve Sasson, Mazda CX5 commercial
- Nov. 7, 2014 - "Veterans of Influence": Rory Cooper
- Aug. 12, 2014 - Disabled veterans at college transition program puruse STEM, develop assistive technologies
- Aug. 8, 2014 - AAAS Science Updates: Smart Cement featuring Vinod Veedu
- July 29, 2014 - AAAS Science Updates: Thermal Battery featuring Sorin Grama
- July 28, 2014 - Paul Stamets on OMNI Reboot (Interview)
- July 18, 2014 - Inaugural Class of Invention Ambassadors Highlights Need for Innovation
- July 9, 2014 - AAAS Science Insider: MIT grad brings new refrigeration system to rural India
- July 9, 2014 - AAAS Science Updates: Fungal Filters featuring Paul Stamets
- July 8, 2014 - AAAS Science Updates: 3-D Breast Tissue featuring Karen Burg
- July 3, 2014 - USF’s Paul Sanberg Named National Invention Ambassador
- June 27, 2014 - Incoming vice president for research selected as AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassador
- June 26, 2014 - USF’s Paul Sanberg Named National Invention Ambassador
- June 18, 2014 - President Obama to Host First-Ever White House Maker Faire
- June 16, 2014 - Paul Stamets Joins the AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors
- June 16 2014 - Dr. Vinod Veedu named to inaugural class of seven Invention Ambassadors
- March 6, 2014 - Invention: The Invisible Hero, Yolanda Comedy at the 2014 Annual NAI Confererence (video)
- March 6, 2014 - Invention: The Invisible Hero, Yolanda Comedy at the 2014 Annual NAI Confererence (presentation
Honors and Achievements
April 3, 2015 - AAAS-Lemelson Invention Abmassador Paul Stamets honored with the Gordon and Tina Wasson Award - "The purpose of the Wasson Award is to recognize people with non-traditional academic backgrounds who have made outstanding contributions to the field of mycology, or who have widely transmitted significant scientific or aesthetic knowledge about fungi to the general public. Nominees for the award will be judged on the basis of the impact and quality of their contributions and on their sustained commitment to the field of mycology. At most a single award is given each year." Congratulations, Paul!
Resources and Articles
- April 2015 - Global Philanthropy Forum, "Harnessing the Power of Invention", a talk on impact inventing with Carol Dahl & Manu Prakash
- March 2015 -Elsevier.com, "Call for Inventors to Serve as AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors", authored by Dr. Yolanda Comedy
- February 2015 - International Innovation, Issue 171, "Investing in Inventors" an interview with Dr. Yolanda Comedy
- December 2014 - Technology and Innovation, Volume 16, Numbers 3/4, "Invention: The Invisible Hero" authored by Dr. Yolanda Comedy.