L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science
2016 Call for Applications
The L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program announces the 2016 call for applications.
The L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program is a national awards program that annually recognizes and rewards five U.S.-based women researchers at the beginning of their scientific careers. Recipients each receive up to $60,000 that must be put towards their postdoctoral research.
Launched in 2003 as the U.S. component of the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Fellowship program, the U.S. Fellowships aim to:
- Raise awareness of the contribution of women to the sciences
- Identify exceptional female researchers in the U.S. to serve as role models for younger generations
Candidates who would like to apply may visit: http://lorealfwis.aaas.org. Applications will be accepted online starting November 30, 2015.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a conferred Ph.D. and have started in their postdoctoral position by July 1, 2016. They must also maintain that status throughout the Fellowship year
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics
- Cannot be in a faculty position
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
The application period will close on February 5, 2016, and all candidates will be notified of their application results by October 6, 2016.
For more information about the Fellowships, visit the L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program webpage.
To view a PDF of the frequently asked questions regarding the program, please click here.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), which is dedicated to advancing science around the world, is the official administrator for the L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science Program. In this capacity they:
- Process fellowship grants payments
- Collect and review interim and final progress reports
- Facilitate professional networking opportunities for all interested L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science grant recipients