Terms and Conditions
AAAS “ON-CALL” SCIENTISTS PROGRAM AND WEB SITE
Terms and Conditions
THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO YOUR USE OF THE AAAS “ON-CALL” SCIENTISTS DATABASE AND PARTICIPATION IN THE “ON-CALL” SCIENTISTS NETWORK.
BY CHECKING THE “I ACCEPT” BOX, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ABIDE BY ALL OF THE RULES AND POLICIES SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT REGISTER ON THE AAAS “ON-CALL” SCIENTISTS DATABASE.
- AAAS, through its Scientific Responsibility, Human Rights and Law Program (the “Program”), owns and operates the AAAS “ On-call” Scientists database (the "Database”) and manages the “On-call” Scientists network (the “Network”) via the “On-call” Scientists Web site (the “Site”). Your participation in the Network and use of the Database are subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). AAAS may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on the Site. Your use of the Database or participation in the Network following the modification of these Terms shall constitute your binding acceptance of and agreement to be bound by those modified Terms.
- Individuals and human rights organizations wishing to participate in the Network must register on the Database and provide full and accurate information as requested. AAAS cannot verify volunteers’ identities or the credibility of human rights organizations, and makes no warranties, and expressly disclaims all warranties, with respect to the validity of the requests or offers made or provided.
- AAAS has no control over, and shall bear no responsibility in connection with, the truth or accuracy of any information posted on the Database, the qualifications of anyone who may volunteer through this Network, or the ability of volunteers to perform the services requested.
- AAAS is not in any way involved in or responsible for any of the human rights organizations’ projects, the capabilities or performance of any volunteer, or for transactions or any other interactions between participants in the Network.
- Participants in the Network shall solely be responsible for arranging all aspects of any dealings between themselves, including but not limited to arrangements for travel and transmission of data or information. AAAS shall not be responsible for any costs whatsoever in connection with participation in the Network .
- Disclaimer of Warranty/Limitation of Liability.
a. You expressly agree that use of the Database and participation in the Network are at your sole risk. Neither AAAS, its affiliates, nor any of their respective employees or agents, make or give any warranties, whether express or implied, with respect to the Site or any information, services, products, materials or other matter listed therein.
b. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of or use, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge and agree that AAAS shall not be liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of users of the Database and participants in the Network or third parties, and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with subscriber.
c. In no event will AAAS, its affiliates or any of their respective employees or agents be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages, arising from, relating to or connected with the use or inability to use the Database or participate in the Network , or any other matter arising from, relating to or connected with the Database, Network, or these terms.
d. You hereby release and forever discharge AAAS, its affiliates and any of their respective employees or agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or demands, of every kind and nature, at law, in equity, whether contractual, tortious, created by statute, rule or otherwise, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or relating to your use of the Database and participation in the Network.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between AAAS and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any previous oral or written agreement between us with respect to such subject matter. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof.