Alumni of S&T Policy Fellowships
Seven fellows on Capitol Hill ushered in the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships program back in 1973. Today, AAAS places approximately 300 fellows each year across all branches of federal government.
More than 3,000 strong, alumni conduct and communicate their science to support public policy in national and international arenas, and are leaders in government, academia, industry, and the nonprofit sector. At the end of each fellowship year, about half of each year’s fellowship class remains in the policy arena; a quarter return to their previous field, and the other quarter strike out into new territory.
Read about 40 alumni whose stories present a snapshot of who we are as a program.
- FellowsCentral: This website houses information for the fellowship year and beyond including a searchable directory of current and alumni fellows, topic-specific discussion boards, and more.
- Fellowship Focus: Along with STPF news, our newsletter features stories about current and alumni fellow accomplishments. Are you a fellow? Submit a story.
- Listservs: Our alumni-only listservs are hopping with activity and information sharing. (Alumni: Login to manage your subscriptions.)
- Sci on the Fly: Written and edited by current and alumni fellows, this blog features posts by current and alumni fellows on a vast array of science policy issues.
- Affinity Groups: Managed by current and alumni fellows, affinity groups network, share resources, discuss and host events on specific issues and topics in science policy.
- Alumni events: STPF hosts gatherings across the country for education, networking, and fostering collaborative opportunities.
The program thrives because of you, fellows. Alumni are the number one way that prospective applicants hear about the STPF program.
AAAS provides STPF alumni exciting opportunities to grow their policy experience beyond the beltway. Click here for information about the Overseas and Global Health & Development Fellowships for alumni.