The Coalition meets twice a year, always in January and July. Coalition meetings are open to all members, affiliates, and interested scientists.
These meetings provide an opportunity for participants to learn about topical issues lying at the intersection of science and human rights, and to take part in informational sessions, and trainings. Coalition meetings are also used as an opportunity for each of the area of activity working groups to meet.
The Coalition Council meets twice a year in conjunction with the bi-annual meetings to review and deliberate. The Council is the Coalition’s highest policy-making and priority-setting body. It sets the direction of the Coalition, reviews recommendations from working groups, considers new initiatives, and reviews requests for new working groups.
Past Coalition Meetings
- July 16-17, 2015: Coalition meeting (Business, STEM and Human Rights)
- January 15-16, 2015: Coalition meeting (Big Data and Human Rights)
- July 14-15, 2014: Coalition meeting (Moving the Coalition Forward)
- January 27-28, 2014: Coalition meeting (Disability Rights and Accessing the Benefits of Scientific Progress and Its Applications)
- July 11-12, 2013: Coalition meeting (Article 15 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights)
- January 31- February 1, 2013: Coalition meeting (Children’s Rights, Science and Technology)
- October 10, 2012: Special Event with Michael Posner
- July 17, 2012: Coalition meeting (Technology for Human Rights)
- January 23, 2012: Coalition meeting (Indigenous Peoples’ Rights, Human Rights, Science and Technology)
- July 14-15, 2011: Coalition meeting
- January 11, 2011: Coalition meeting
- July 26-27, 2010: Coalition meeting
- January 22, 2010: Coalition meeting
- July 23, 2009: Special Event to Honor Richard Pierre Claude
- July 23-24, 2009: Coalition meeting
- January 14-16, 2009: Coalition launch
Past Council Meetings