Alumni of S&T Policy Fellowships
Seven fellows on Capitol Hill ushered in the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships program back in 1973. Today, AAAS places approximately 300 fellows each year across all branches of federal government.
More than 3,000 strong, alumni conduct and communicate their science to support public policy in national and international arenas, and are leaders in government, academia, industry, and the nonprofit sector. At the end of each fellowship year, about half of each year’s fellowship class remains in the policy arena; a quarter return to their previous field, and the other quarter strike out into new territory.
- FellowsCentral : This website houses information for the fellowship year and beyond including a searchable directory of current and alumni fellows, topic-specific discussion boards, and more.
- Fellowship Focus:  Along with STPF news, our quarterly newsletter features stories about current and alumni fellow accomplishments. Are you a fellow? Submit a story .
- Listservs: Our alumni-only listservs are a great way to share information and resources on a wide array of topics including jobs and events. (Alumni: Login  to manage your subscriptions.)
- Sci on the Fly:  Run and edited by current and alumni fellows, this blog features posts by current and alumni fellows on a vast array of issues in science policy.
- Affinity Groups:  Managed by current and alumni fellows, affinity groups network, share resources, discuss and host events on specific issues and topics in science policy.
- Alumni events:  STPF hosts gatherings throughout the year across the country for education, networking and fostering collaborative opportunities.
The program thrives because of you. Fellows are the number one way that prospective applicants hear about the STPF program and the fellowship experience. There are many ways alumni can lend a helping hand to current and prospective fellows.
- Recruit new fellows .
- Organize alumni events  in your area.
- Lead a professional development workshop  for current fellows.
- Serve as an application reader.
- Serve on a selection committee .
Login to FellowsCentral today.