Striving to create, foster, enhance, implement, evaluate, and disseminate research and strategies to build a fully diverse inclusive highly skilled 21st century workforce in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, globally.
Capacity Center News
VIEW ALL SCHEDULED EVENTS & DEADLINES FOR CASEC PROGRAMS
- AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors participate in panels, at AAAS Annual Meeting at IBM ResearchCenter-Alamden, on the theme "Creating a Strong Invention Ecosystem to Solve Critical 21st Century Problems", February, 2015 .
- AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambsaddors Steve Sasson and Vinod Veedu, participate to panels during Open Conference - VentureWell, March, 2015 .
- AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors Karen Burg and Rory Cooper, inducted as 2014 NAI Fellows, California, March, 2015.
- Carol Dahl, the Executive Director of the Lemelson Foundation, discusses "Impact Inventing" at AAAS Forum on Science & Technology Policy, April, 2015.
- AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors give talks during the inuagural class transitioning event at Thomas Eduson National Historical Park, June, 2015 .
- Class 2015-2016 of Invention Ambassadors give talks during the second event "Celebrate Invention", July 2015 .
- Invention Ambassadors Sorin Grama, Jay Harman and Rebecca Richards-Kortum, give talks during the 20th Anniversary celebrations of the Lemelson Foundation, September, 2015 .
- Invention Ambassadors Rory Cooper and Andrew Hessel speak at the Smithsonian/USPTO Innovation Festival, September, 2015.
- Four Female Faculty and Researchers from MSIs Received Travel Awards to Travel to South Africa to Attend the Gender Summit 5, April 2015 .
- AAAS Delegates Travel to Korea to Attend the Gender Summit 6, August, 2015. Watch their Post-Travel Webinar .
- AAAS Delegates Travel to Germany to Attend the Gender Summit 7, Novemdber, 2015. Watch their Post-Travel Webinar .
- AAAS Marion Milligan Mason Award Ceremony Celebrates its recipients: Four Outstanding Female Researchers in the Chemical Sciences .
- AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors give talks during "Celebrate Invention" event, July 1, 2014. 
- The Access and Diversity Collaborative -- "Decision Day" Key Questions Regarding the United States Supreme Court's Decision in Fisher v. University of Texas 
- Conference Co-Sponsored by AAAS Explores Strategies to Boost Minority Men in Science Professions 
- APLU-NASA-AAAS Symposium: Supporting Underrepresented Minority Males in STEM 
- Public University Association, NASA Host Minority Male STEM Symposium 
- Collaboration among Colleges, Universities Urged as a Minority STEM Strategy 
- Whose STEM 'completion agenda?' 
- To Enroll More Minority Students, Colleges Work Around the Courts 
- Swirling' students need cooperation not competition 
- GK-12: When You Train Grad Students to Teach, You Get Better Communicators and Better Classes 
- AAAS Report: National Science Foundation Centers Support Transformative Research, Provide Compelling S&T Education 
- Leading the Way...A Conversation with Ruta Sevo 
- Broadening Participation - A Program Greater than the Sum of Its Parts: The BPC Alliances 
- Leading the Way... A Conversation with Daryl Chubin - Mythbuster 
- A Finding in Search of an Explanation 
- Science Education: One Size Does Not Fit All 
- Where a New Inclusiveness Is Changing the Face of the Construction Industry 
For eariler activities, visit the News Archive .