L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science Program
2013 Call for ApplicationsThe L'Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program announces the 2013 call for applications.
The L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science program is a national awards program that annually recognizes and rewards five U.S.-based women researchers at the beginning of their scientific careers. Recipients each receive up to $60,000 that must put towards their postdoctoral research.
Launched in 2003 as the U.S. component of the L'Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Fellowship program, the U.S. Fellowships aim to:
- Raise awareness of the contribution of women to the sciences
- Identify exceptional female researchers in the U.S. to serve as role models for younger generations
Candidates who would like to apply may visit: http://lorealfwis.aaas.org.
Applications are now being accepted online.
- Candidates must be female scientists, who will have completed their Ph.D. by the time of their application submission and have started in a postdoctoral research position by September 1, 2013
- Applicants must be American born, naturalized citizens, or permanent residents
- Applicants must be affiliated with a U.S.-based academic or research institution
- Applicants must conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Applicants must be involved in life or physical/material sciences, engineering, technology, computer science or mathematics
The application period will close on December 20, 2012, and awards will be announced by June 2013.
For more information about the Fellowships, visit the L'Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science Program webpage.
To view a PDF of the frequently asked questions regarding the program, please click here.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), which is dedicated to advancing science around the world, is the official administrator for the L'Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science Program. In this capacity they:
- Process fellowship grants payments
- Collect and review interim and final progress reports
- Facilitate professional networking opportunities for all interested L’Oréal USA Fellowships for Women in Science grant recipients