Reports from CAIP Affiliates:
The National Association of Biology Teachers
The National Association of Biology Teachers is the leader in life science education. The membership approaches 10,000 members composed of primary, secondary, collegiate and graduate level teachers and allied science organizations. It is the largest national association dedicated exclusively to biology and life science educators teaching more than one million students each year
The International Activities Committee of NABT tries to
1. find teacher exchanges and foreign education opportunities for NABT members.
2. make the expertise of NABT members known to other agencies and countries.
3. develop proposals for international seminars and exchanges
4. function as a clearinghouse for ideas and information
5. organize for the annual meeting, an international reception, to have an invited speaker for one of the major sessions and to hold a breakfast meeting.
NABT has had 'invited speakers' at every annual convention since 1992 who have talked on
1. Redevelopment of Science Education in Bosnia
5. Science Education in Europe
6. Science Education in England
7. Science Education in South Africa
8. Development of Science Education in Lebanon
9. Teacher and Student Opportunities in Costa Rica
10. Experiences of an Exchange Teacher in England
NABT led the organizing of the October 2002 AAAS-CAIP meeting on "Science Education Around the World," with speakers from Belgium, South Africa and North Carolina State University.Annual Conventions
October 5-8, 2005, Midwest Express Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
October 11-14, 2006, Albuquerque Convention Center, Albuquerue, NM
November 6-10, 2007, Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
October 15-18, 2008, Memphis Cook Convention Center, Memphis, TN
1. The peer review, Award Winning magazine, The American Biology Teacher, issued 9 times a year from NABT, 12030 Sunrise Drive, #110, Reston, VA 20191, annual subscription, $135
2. News and Views, published on-line monthly, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Many other publications on education topic.