Programs: Science and Policy
AAAS Policy Brief: Access to Data
Issue Summary | Resources
- A report prepared by Linda R. Cohen and Robert W. Hahn of the AEI-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies entitled "Should Researchers be Required to Share Data Used in Supporting Regulatory Decisions?"
Public Comments on OMB's Data Access Proposal
- Memo from University of Pennsylvania President Judith Rodin
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Gun Owners of America (GOA)
- The Salt Institute
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- American Lung Association
- Comments from Representative George Brown, Jr. (D-CA)
OMB Documents and Congressional Legislation
- Public Law 105-277 containing the Shelby Amendment.
- OMB's proposed revision of Circular A-110.
- OMB's second revision of Circular A-110.
- OMB's final revision of Circular A-110.
- The George Brown, Jr. (D-CA) bill to repeal the Shelby Amendment.
- Briefing on the OMB revision to Circular A-110 hosted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- Science and Technology in Congress newsletter article.
- "Public Access to Data" from Science Magazine.
Updated April 11, 2005