Programs: Science and Policy
Technology and Innovation Policy Events
- Obstacles to Openness and Sharing in Stem Cell Science: Innovation, the Public Interest, and Recommendations for Next Steps
- Debra Mathews, PhD, MA:Assistant Director for Science Programs, Berman Institute of Bioethics, Johns Hopkins University
- Robin Lovell-Badge, PhD, FMedSci, FRS: Head, Division of Stem Cell Biology and Developmental Genetics MRC National Institute for Medical Research (UK)
- Robert Cook-Deegan, MD: Director, Center for Genome Ethics, Law & Policy; Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy Duke University
AAAS Auditorium 1200 New York Avenue NW January 24, 2011
Clinton, Obama S&T Advisers Square Off At AAAS
AAAS Annual Meeting February 16, 2008.
- The Role of Science in Public Policy
- Dr. Donald Kennedy, Editor-in-Chief, Science magazine and
President Emeritus of Stanford University "Culture and Custom in Science"
- Juliet Eilperin, Environmental Reporter, The Washington Post "A Journalist's View of Communicating Scientific Information to the Public"
- Dr. Andrew Dessler, Associate Professor, Texas A&M University "What Science Can Contribute to Policy Discussions on Climate Change" (PDF)
- David Goldston, Princeton University former Chief-of- Staff, House Science Committee "The View from the Hill"
2325 Rayburn Building January 12, 2007
Working With Congress Workshop
AAAS Annual Meeting February 18, 2005
Caltech-MIT Voting Technology Project: Findings
Longworth House Office Building July 12, 2001
American Technology Policy in the Next
Millennium: Pushing New Frontiers in a Changing World
Capitol Hill December 9, 1997
Cryptography: Scientific Freedom
and Human Rights Issues
Capitol Hill August 1, 1997