AAAS works to help produce the necessary base of scientists and engineers who are key to maintaining the country’s leadership role and sustaining the well-being of our people. Projects:
99 Related Result(s)
- AAAS works to increase the participation of women, minorities, and the disabled in the science and technology workforce. Projects:
- AAAS works to help girls and boys of all racial and ethnic backgrounds imagine themselves as science and engineering faculty, as innovators, in industy and even within this august body. Projects:
- Become an SB&F Reviewer Are you a trained scientist, engineer, science educator, or librarian who would like the opportunity to share your expertise in science, mathematics and technology? If so, please contact Heather Malcomson at firstname.lastname@example.org , to learn more about the benefits and...
- Bringing exciting opportunities to science students and professionals in the science and technology community.
- From kindergarten to high school, and from academic to corporate laboratories, AAAS promotes diversity and the best possible science education for all students. The Association provides networking opportunities, practical career advice, and insights to guide curriculum and textbook development...
- This 10-week summer program places science, engineering, and mathematics students at media organizations nationwide. Fellows use their academic training as they research, write, and report today’s headlines, sharpening their abilities to communicate complex scientific issues to the public.
- AAAS’s Project 2061 has been awarded a $1.6 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education to develop new tools for finding out how students build their knowledge of energy concepts over time and for helping teachers diagnose their students’ learning difficulties. Acknowledging the importance...
- As U.S. officials consider new education standards in mathematics and English, a long-term AAAS science literacy initiative continues its efforts to encourage a standards-based approach to science education and set specific learning goals for K-12 students.