AAAS Award for Science Diplomacy
formerly “Award for International Scientific Cooperation”
NOMINATION DEADLINE: 1 SEPTEMBER
Many scientists and engineers contribute valuable time away from the established career paths of research, teaching, and publishing to foster activities and develop programs that both address key science questions and build important societal links. AAAS seeks to recognize an individual or a limited number of individuals working together in the scientific or engineering community for making an outstanding contribution to furthering science diplomacy.
The AAAS Science Diplomacy award is presented at the AAAS Annual Meeting. A monetary prize of $5,000, a commemorative plaque, complimentary registration, and reimbursement for reasonable travel and hotel expenses to attend the AAAS Annual Meeting are given to the recipient.
The award is open to all regardless of nationality or citizenship. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Any individual or small group in the scientific and engineering community that has contributed to the role of science cooperation in building stronger links between and among societies is eligible for this award.
Nominations should be typed and include the following information:
- nominator's name, address and phone number
- nominee's name and title, institutional affiliation, and address
- a summary of the action(s) that form the basis for the nomination (about 250 words)
- a longer statement, not to exceed three pages, providing additional details of the action(s) for which the candidate is nominated
- a curriculum vitae (3 page maximum) containing professional positions held
- two letters of support
- any documentation (books, articles, or other materials) that illuminates the significance of the nominee's achievement may also be submitted.
All materials become the property of AAAS.
Please submit all information to:
AAAS International Office
1200 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
If you have any questions about the AAAS Science Diplomacy award, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for a list of past recipients.
All materials must be received by 1 September.