The program is open to qualified institutions in the United States and Puerto Rico that offer an American Chemical Society-approved program in chemistry and confer 10 or fewer graduate degrees annually in biology and chemistry combined. Public and private primarily undergraduate colleges and universities, which met all of the following criteria, are eligible to compete.
- Not be a 2006, 2005, or 2004 Merck/AAAS USRP award recipient
- Located in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico
- Not-for-profit entity as defined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Tax Code under section 501(c)(3)
- Offer an American Chemical Society-approved BA/BS chemistry program
- Confer an average of ten or fewer graduate degrees annually over the past five years in biology and chemistry combined
Each application is reviewed and rated by an independent panel of scientists and educators chosen by AAAS. The panel recommends award selections to The Merck Company Foundation. Award selection criteria are listed in the application.
If you have further questions or require additional information, contact the program representative at Merck@AAAS.org.
Deadline for Receipt: 5:00pm, Friday, 3 November 2006