AAAS Colloquium: Citizen Science
Over a million citizen scientists in the U.S. volunteer to assist in research, such as through collecting environmental samples, compiling and analyzing data, reporting medical symptoms, and making other observations that help professional scientists make major advancements. At the January AAAS Colloquium, we will explore the role citizen scientists play in advancing scientific discoveries.
- Alison Cawood, Citizen Science Coordinator, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
- Sam Droege, Wildlife Biologist, U.S. Geological Survey
- Jennifer Shirk, Interim Executive Director, Citizen Science Association
- Paula Wang, a citizen scientist involved in the Audubon Naturalist Society’s Creek Critters water monitoring project
- Bob Hirshon, Program Director, Technology and Learning, AAAS
Sponsored by the AAAS Research Competitiveness Program.