CoLab02 Webinar: Build an Audience for Your Science with News & Social Media
How do you sell research to the public? Start with a story.
This webinar on Tue., May 30, from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ET is a unique opportunity for scientists, researchers, and science communicators to share in a forum of ideas to improve public outreach and build a more meaningful, lasting connection with the public. Topics covered include:
- Developing a 'science experience' to tell your research story.
- Reaching news directors and journalists for coverage.
- Giving great interviews that promote interest in learning.
- Sharing daily, weekly, and monthly serial content on social media.
- Connecting with social networks to build 'content partnerships.'
- Using the tools each platform provides to increase reach.
- Emily Therese Cloyd, Project Director, Public Engagement at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Scott Morgan, Author of "Speaking About Science," communications, public relations, and news media consultant
- Nic DiPalma, Founder & CEO, SpacetimeLabs (Host and moderator)
CoLab is a monthly series of live, online conversations mixing experts in science, research, communications, marketing, social media, video, data visualization & experience design. Viewers are encouraged to share their questions and experiences with featured guests. CoLab aims to help viewers develop 'science experiences' by sharing their research stories through multiple, digitals channels to create a broader impact.
Learn more and register for the webinar here.