Senior Program Associate
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Senior Program Associate, Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion (DoSER) Program in our Washington, DC office. The position involves a project in partnership with select seminaries throughout the US to integrate science into their core curricula, with a goal of promoting a positive understanding of science among religious leaders and eventually the communities they serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Science for Seminaries Project, including working closely with DoSER staff to implement project activities, managing budget, and completing reporting requirements
- Maintain collaborations with key partners including Association of Theological Schools, seminary and divinity institutions, religious leaders, and prominent scientists for the development and integration of science in seminary education
- Organization and facilitation of workshops and symposia
- Leads research, writing, editing of project-related resources and materials
- Assist in the development of new initiatives and securing grant funding
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the program and AAAS
- Coordinate the project team and help supervise interns
- Minimum Master’s degree in the biological or physical sciences. A PhD in science and/or theology, with coursework in theology, seminary based training, or similar relevant experience is required
- Minimum of three years’ experience, beyond the completion of a Ph.D or Master's program in science or theology.
- Experience or familiarity with theological seminary community and curricula administration
- Sincere interest and/or experience in fostering dialogue in the science and religion arena
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with experience in public speaking
- Excellent research organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in designing and implementing symposia and workshops for academics
- Ability to monitor and prepare budgets and financial reports. Experience with grant award and administration is a plus
- Fluency in contemporary software packages, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.