We're Hiring! Engaging Scientists Fall 2018 Intern
Work With Us
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks an Engaging Scientists intern to assist the Program of Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion (DoSER)’s project titled, “Engaging Scientists in the Science and Religion Dialogue.” DoSER is part of the Center of Science, Policy, and Society Programs, and facilitates communication between scientific and religious communities. The Dialogue builds on AAAS's long-standing commitment to relate scientific knowledge and technological development to the purposes and concerns of society at large.
This is a paid Fall internship and will last 12-weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project ideas
- Help organize meetings and conferences
- Gather information on topics important for science and religion
- Provide support on various projects and activities
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a university/college or a recent graduate; science majors preferred
- Interest in public engagement and interest in fostering dialogue between scientific and religious communities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong background/coursework in one or more of the following: biology, evolutionary biology, astrobiology, ecology, physics, genetics, bioethics, religious studies, or theology
- Familiarity with contemporary software packages, particularly Microsoft Office
- Experience with digital media and social media communication platforms
- Work well under pressure, multitask, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and a good communicator
- Ability to take direction well, and work both independently and collaboratively
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the AAAS application portal by April 28, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If we think you might be a good fit for the role, we will contact you with next steps.
AAAS is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.