The 5th USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo takes place April 7-8 in Washington, D.C.
AAAS brings the Science of the Senses to the 5th USA Science & Engineering Festival with 1,400 square feet of science activities on vision, taste, touch, hearing and smell and offers opportunities to meet AAAS scientists and engineers in the Careers Pavilions! The Festival takes place in Washington, D.C., on the first full weekend in April. There, children, teens and families can explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) topics ranging from outer space to the deep blue. AAAS also assists with the X-STEM Symposium for students in the Washington, D.C., area on Thursday, April 5, and participates in Sneak Peak Friday on April 6. Pre-registration is required for all events: Register here.
- Festival Expo: Hands-on exhibits from scientific and engineering societies, universities, government agencies, high-tech corporations and STEM organizations.
- Stage Shows: Stage shows inlcude a mathemagician, explosive chemist, pro-cheerleaders turned scientists and more.
- Pavilions: More than a dozen interactive pavilions feature the many types of STEM career opportunities.
AAAS is a founding partner of the USA Science and Engineering Festival.
Dates & times
- Thursday, April 5, 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (X-STEM Symposium for D.C.-area students)
- Friday, April 6, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Sneak Peak Friday)
- Saturday, April 7, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 8, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place, NW
Washington, DC 20001
AAAS will feature the Science of the Senses with interactive activities on vision, taste, touch, hearing and smell all weekend at our Expo booth (#6201).
Meet AAAS member scientists and engineers!
Talk with AAAS member scientists and engineers during an informal Meet the Scientist/Engineer event in the Career Pavilions on Saturday and Sunday afternoons (see times below). Students are encouraged to conduct in-person interviews with the scientists and engineers.
- Saturday, April 7 at 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 8 at 1:00 p.m.