Nominate a Candidate for the William D. Carey Lecture
The Lectureship was established in honor of Bill Carey upon his retirement as the Executive Officer of AAAS in 1987. The Lectureship recognizes individuals who in their own way exemplify Mr. Carey's leadership in articulating public policy issues engendered by the application of science and technology. The Lecturer is chosen by a selection committee from the nominations received and carries a honorarium of $5,000 and an engraved medallion.
If you know of someone who deserves consideration for this honor, please send their name, title, a short bio, and a few sentences outlining their qualifications to Nicolle Rutledge at AAAS (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than C.O.B., Wednesday, August 11. The deadline for receiving nominations is firm.
Recent Carey Lecturers:
- 2020: Shirley M. Tilghman: Reimagining Science: The Endless Frontier for the 21st Century
- 2019: Ernest J. Moniz: Energy Technology Innovation and the Green Real Deal
- 2018: Arati Prabhakar: A Better Tomorrow: Renewing R&D’s Promise to America
- 2017: Senator Chris Coons: Defending Science and Catalyzing Progress: A Bipartisan Formula for the Future
- 2016: Kathryn D. Sullivan: Science and Society in the 21st Century
View full list of past recipients.
Nomination Deadline: August 11, 2021.