Nominate a Candidate for the William D. Carey Lecture
AAAS is soliciting nominations of candidates for the annual William D. Carey Lecture, which is delivered at the AAAS Forum on Science and Technology Policy, scheduled for May 2-3, 2019, in Washington, DC.
The Lectureship was established in honor of Bill Carey upon his retirement as the Executive Officer of AAAS in 1987. The Lectureship recognizes individuals who in their own way exemplify Mr. Carey's leadership in articulating public policy issues engendered by the application of science and technology. The Lecturer is chosen by a selection committee from the nominations received.
If you know of someone who deserves consideration for this honor, please send their name, title, and a few sentences outlining their background and qualifications to Nicolle Rutledge at AAAS (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than C.O.B., Wednesday, February 13. The deadline for receiving nominations is firm.
Recent Carey Lecturers:
- 2018: Arati Prabhakar: A Better Tomorrow: Renewing R&D’s Promise to America
- 2017: Senator Chris Coons: Defending Science and Catalyzing Progress: A Bipartisan Formula for the Future
- 2016: Kathryn D. Sullivan: Science and Society in the 21st Century
- 2015: William H. Press: Science to Action: Thoughts on Convincing a Skeptical Public
- 2014: Cherry A. Murray: Reflections on U.S. Science and Technology Policy
View full list of past recipients.
Nomination Deadline: February 13, 2019.