The U.S. Science Support Program (USSSP) brings “the remarkable scientific results and discoveries of the International Ocean Discovery Program and its predecessor programs to academic research institutions, museums, and aquaria,” via its Ocean Discovery Lecture Series.
AAAS Leshner Fellow and University of Southern California Associate Professor Sarah Feakins will discuss “Climate change and ecosystem transformation: plant wax evidence from Indian Ocean drilling” at six events throughout the year as part of the series:
- July 7, 2018 – Adventure Science Center; Nashville, TN
- September 13, 2018 – Kansas State University; Manhattan, KS
- November 16, 2018 – Williams College; Williamstown, MA
- January 25, 2019 – Florida International University; Miami, FL
- February 20, 2019 – University of Reno, Nevada; Reno, NV
- March 7, 2019 – Syracuse University; Syracuse, NY
- March 8, 2019 – Binghamton University; Binghamton, NY
- April 19, 2019 – Iowa State University; Ames, IA
Learn more about the lecture series on the USSSP website.