The Communicating Science Seminar, held every year at the AAAS Annual Meeting, is an opportunity for scientists, science communication and public engagement professionals, and social scientists whose research can inform best practices to share their expertise and learn from one another. This year's seminar is on February 14, 2019, in Washington, D.C. and will include a number of 90-minute concurrent breakout sessions during the afternoon session from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
This is your chance to propose a session! Preference will be given to proposed sessions focused on interactive group discussions, networking or opportunities to plan for public engagement or practice science communication skills, rather than formal presentations. However, we are open to considering the topics and formats submitted.
Fill out the proposal form at let us know what sort of session you'd like to lead.
What you'll need to tell us:
- Name and contact info for session organizer(s)
- Room set-up preferences (classroom for ~25 people, theater for ~40 people, or open area for up to ~100 people)
- AV needs (may incur additional costs)
- Title of your session
- Description of your session (up to 1500 characters)
- Name / contact info for additional facilitator (if applicable)
Please submit your form no later than August 22. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.