Guild of Natural Science Illustrators: 50th Anniversary Juried Exhibition
July 16 – October 15, 2018
The Guild of Natural Science Illustrators represents leading artists and visual communicators from diverse scientific disciplines around the world. Each year, in conjunction with the Guild’s annual conference, GNSI holds a juried exhibition of the members’ works to celebrate the beauty and wonder of scientific illustration. This year will mark the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Guild. Its 2018 special exhibition, “Visualize: Art Revealing Science,” will guide visitors through the intertwined history and evolution of art and science, showcase the diversity of our natural world, explore how illustration and visualization helps convey complex science, and highlight the evolution of scientific illustration through innovative technologies.
For more information, download the event flyer.
Top: © 2017 Rhoda Nass
Bottom: © 2017 Rebecca Gelernter
The honored jurors for this exhibition are:
- Fernando Baptista: Senior Graphics Editor, National Geographic Magazine
- Edward Bell: Animator, designer, lecturer, former art director, Scientific American magazine
- Sarah Tanguy: Independent curator and arts writer
- Chris Bickle: Senior Scientific Illustrator, Science Magazine, AAAS
- Eliahu Dwek: Theoretical Astrophysicist, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center; Artist, Smithsonian’s National Air & Space Museum