The AAAS Center for Science Technology and Security Policy and The Asan Institute for Policy Studies will host a workshop (Jan. 22-23) titled, Science and Technology to Prevent and Respond to CBRN Disasters: U.S. and South Korean Perspectives. The workshop will focus on prevention and remediation of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear disasters that could occur either through accidental (caused by, for example, facility problems, personnel issues, a natural disaster, or some combination of events) or intentional means. Discussions will involve various scientific disciplines including the behavioral and environmental sciences. RSVP today!
- Ken Buesseler, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- CHO Kun-Woo, Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety
- CHOI Kang, The Asan Institute for Policy Studies
- Richard Cupit, U.S. Department of State
- Diane DiEuliis, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- GO Myong-Hyun, The Asan Institute for Policy Studies
- Thomas Inglesby, Center for Health Policy
- Peter Jutro, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Kenneth Oye, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- SHIN Chang-Hoon, The Asan Institute for Policy Studies
- Craig Vanderwagen, Martin, Blanck & Associates
- WHANG Jooho, Kyung Hee University
January 22, 2014, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
January 23, 2014, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
2nd Floor Auditorium
1200 New York Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20005