The Spanish Language Mass Media Fellows application is identical to the regular Mass Media Fellows Application (including criteria). Details can be found within the APPLY tab.
In terms of the application packet, some of the pieces should be submitted in English and some in Spanish. Please see below for the requirements.
- Applicant information (contact information, academic history etc.) (English)
- Your CV (please include any honors, awards, and relevant activities) (English)
- General Writing Sample: ONE 2-3 page brief sample of your writing that is on any subject (science or non-science topic) and directed toward a non-scientific audience (using appropriate language for the general public). Please do not include technical or journal articles. (Spanish)
- Sample News Story: A 750-word 'news' story for the general public summarizing a science, mathematics or engineering journal article from the past 6 months (published after July 1, 2015) and describing what the study's findings are, why the study's findings are important and what impact it will have on the public. (Spanish)
- Source Article: The source journal article used to write your Sample News Story. (the news article itself may be in English or Spanish)
- Candidate Questions: Responses to each of the 7 reflective questions found within the application. (English)
- Two "Recommendation Questionnaires" completed online by recommenders you identify. At one two of these recommenders should be from a faculty member who can comment on your academic work. A third is optional but encouraged. Recommendations from those that can comment on your science communication or writing is highly encouraged as well. (English)
- Unofficial transcripts of your undergraduate and graduate work (to be uploaded online or mailed directly to the program, but not both).
Applicants are required to be fluent in speaking and writing in Spanish. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for both the traditional Mass Media Fellowship (in English) and the Spanish Language Fellowship. If you choose to apply for both, applicants will need to fill out two separate applications, and therefore will need to create two separate logins using two different email addresses. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on applying to both fellowships.
Again, the Spanish Language Mass Media Fellowship application is identical to the regular Mass Media Fellows Application (including criteria). Further details can be found within the APPLY tab.
Get more information and ask your questions about the program with advice from application reviewers and program alumni.
Please email email@example.com if you have any additional questions.