The solutions to the world’s challenges will be rooted in science. Across the globe, we are facing some of the greatest challenges in history. Now is a crucial time for the science and engineering community to come together to emphasize the importance of science to the country, and the world. Learn more about their story.
- Make an Impact We are grateful for all of our donors here at AAAS, but every so often there’s one that really moves us…Read more
- Philanthropy's Role in Advancing Science With Giving Tuesday approaching tomorrow, learn how philanthropy is playing an increasing role in advancing science for a better society. Read more
- Donor Spotlight: Dr. Larry Baldwin Retired general surgeon and farm manager, Dr. Larry Baldwin discusses how his love for science developed at age 10 when he first saw Science on his father's desk. Learn more
- The Inaugural Alan I. Leshner Leadership Institute Public Engagement Fellows Thanks to the generosity of AAAS donors, 15 scientists have spent the past year working to defuse the opposition to the fact that the climate is changing. Learn more
- Advancing Human Rights through Science The AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition is educating young scientists and engineers about the crucial role science plays human rights. Learn more
- Be an Advocate for Science For its third year in a row, AAAS' CASE Workshop gives students the tools to participate in and contribute to the national discussion on a wide range of issues.Learn more
Philanthropic support helps AAAS:
- Make science literacy possible for all students;
- Increase the participation of people from under-represented groups in STEM fields;
- Assess and communicate the potential impacts of legislation and Federal funding decisions;
- Enhance international relations and security through collaboration and science diplomacy; and
- Encourage dialogue between scientists and non-scientists on some of the most pressing issues of our day.
AAAS is a 501(c)3 organization. As no goods or services are provided in return for any charitable contributions, the entire amount is tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations.