The AAAS Research Competitiveness Program (RCP) is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new pitching competition for the District of Columbia’s young science and technology entrepreneurs: Lab to Launch.
Lab to Launch will identify and support promising local innovators by providing $10,000 in total seed capital prizes, training, and networking opportunities at AAAS Headquarters in Washington, DC. The competition is open to early-stage STEM entrepreneurs aged 18-30 years old who are based within the District of Columbia. Lab to Launch builds on RCP’s work implementing national and international STEM innovation competitions and workshops.
For a full program description, competition rules, and eligibility information, please see the Lab to Launch Competition Announcement.
The timeline for the AAAS Lab to Launch Competition is as follows:
- January 9 to February 14: Application Period
- February to March: Expert Review of Applications
- Late-March: Selection of up to 10 Lab to Launch Finalists
- March to April: Training and Networking Sessions hosted by AAAS
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017: Lab to Launch Live Pitching Finals at AAAS Headquarters
Please contact RCPInnovation@aaas.org if you have any questions or if you are interested in becoming involved in this new initiative as a volunteer.