AAAS To Build Capacity for Early-stage STEM Entrepreneurs in D.C.
The AAAS Research Competitiveness Program (RCP) is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new pitching competition for the District of Columbia’s young science and technology entrepreneurs: Lab to Launch.
Lab to Launch will identify and support promising local innovators by providing $10,000 in total seed capital prizes, training, and networking opportunities at AAAS Headquarters in Washington, DC. The competition is open to early-stage STEM entrepreneurs aged 18-30 years old who are based within the District of Columbia. Lab to Launch builds on RCP’s work implementing national and international STEM innovation competitions and workshops.
For a full program description, competition rules, and eligibility information, please see the Lab to Launch Competition Announcement.
The timeline for the AAAS Lab to Launch Competition is as follows:
- January 9 to February 14: Application Period
- February to March: Expert Review of Applications
- Late-March: Selection of up to 10 Lab to Launch Finalists
- March to April: Training and Networking Sessions hosted by AAAS
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017: Lab to Launch Live Pitching Finals at AAAS Headquarters
Please contact RCPInnovation@aaas.org if you have any questions or if you are interested in becoming involved in this new initiative as a volunteer.