AAAS seeks volunteers for the 2018 USA Science and Engineering Festival on April 7-8, 2018, in Washington, D.C.
AAAS seeks member volunteers to engage with children and families interested in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at the 2018 USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo and at two Meet the Scientists/Engineers sessions.
AAAS Expo Booth:
- AAAS brings the Science of the Senses to the 5th USA Science & Engineering Festival with 1,400 square feet of science activities on vision, taste, touch, hearing and smell!
- The Expo is on Saturday, April 7, from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 8, from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. with a sneak peek on Friday, April 6 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C
- Volunteers are needed for shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Meet the Scientists/Engineers:
- These 50-minute sessions are on Saturday, April 7 at 4:00 p.m. ET and Sunday, April 8 at 1:00 p.m. ET in the in the career Pavilions.
- This program is a unique opportunity to interact in an informal environment with students considering a career in a STEM field. Scientists and engineers will meet with festival attendees at small tables in the career Pavilions to speak about their work, their careers and the educational and research path that brought them to where they are. Scientists and engineers are encouraged to bring an object, photos or other hands-on materials to help attendees visualize their work.
If you are interested in volunteering, fill out our brief call for volunteers survey by 11:59 p.m. ET on Tue., March 20. Please note: space is limited. If you are selected for participation, you will be sent additional details via email by Friday, March 23, to confirm your participation and with your assignment and other logistical details.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.