Applications are now being accepted for the 2015-16 AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships. Policy fellowships provide the unique opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to national and international issues in the federal policy realm. Fellows share an interest and commitment to public service, a desire to learn about science and technology policy, and a willingness to apply their scientific and engineering backgrounds in new arenas. The application deadline is November 1.
Fellows serve yearlong assignments in the executive, legislative and judicial branches of the federal government in Washington, D.C.
Fellowship candidates should have solid scientific and technical credentials, demonstrate a commitment to public service, strong communication skills, problem-solving ability, good judgment, flexibility, and leadership qualities.
For over 40 years, scientists, social scientists, and engineers have applied their knowledge and technical expertise to policy-making while developing valuable career enhancing skills and helping to contribute to the development of a globally competitive STEM workforce. Join a network of more than 2,800 current and alumni fellows impacting policy and forging new careers.
Stipend & benefits:
- Health insurance, travel/training and relocation allowances
Related webinars and chats:
- S&T Policy Fellowship Opportunities for Faculty
- S&T Policy Fellowships Opportunities for Midcareer Applicants
- S&T Policy Fellowship Opportunities for Engineers, Mathematicians and Computer Scientists
- S&T Policy Fellowships for Social Scientists
- An introduciton to the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships