Myths, false claims and reports of bad science can spread like wildfire on social media and by word of mouth, but scientists affiliated with AAAS programs are working strategically to combat science misinformation. In the video series “AAAS Voices: Countering Science Misinformation,” experts explain the challenges of misinformation on addressing timely topics such as climate change, technology and health, including the COVID-19 pandemic. Scientists share how they combat misinformation and offer strategies for how their fellow scientists can productively address and correct the inaccuracies they encounter.
- Ina Park Corrects Misinformation About Sexually Transmitted Infections (Oct. 1)
- Anita Nikolich Encourages Asking Questions about AI to Combat Misinformation (June 22)
- Collene Lawhorn Tackles Misinformation on HIV (May 28)
- Astrid Caldas Addresses Climate Change Misinformation (April 26)
- Microbiologist Maria Elena Bottazzi Counters Vaccine Misinformation (April 12)