Policy & Advocacy
AAAS provides objective analysis to decision makers and helps experts contribute to policy-making.
- Science, Policy and Society The Center of Science, Policy and Society Programs offers career-enhancing fellowships, and it promotes research competitiveness, scientific freedom and responsibility, and dialogue on science and religion.Learn more about this program
- U.S. Government Relations The Office of Government Relations provides timely, objective information to Congress on current science and technology issues, and it helps the science and engineering community to work effectively with legislators.Learn more about this program
- International and Security Affairs The Office of International and Security Affairs provides leadership in international science cooperation, science diplomacy, and science, technology and security policy.Learn more about this program
- R&D Budget and Policy Since 1976, the R&D Budget and Policy Program has served as a leading source of objective, accurate information on trends in U.S. federal research and development funding.Learn more about this program
- Policy & Public Statements AAAS articulates positions on critical science-related issues in public statements from the Board of Directors and Council, in letters to Congress and other public bodies, and in newspaper commentaries and broadcast interviews.Learn more about this program