AAAS and over one hundred other scientific societies sent a letter to the White House and Congress, urging them to avoid the sequestration.
- AAAS Membership: Personal Testimony from Scientists
- The White House
- Bipartisan Policy Center Guide to the 2014 Sequester
- Science Works for U.S. (Impacts on states)
- Association of American Universities
- Coalition Health Funding- NDD United
- Coalition for Life Sciences (CLS) Sequestration Action Zone
- Society for Neuroscience Sequestration Action
- FasterCure Sequestration Station
- NSF Advocacy Clearinghouse
- Aerospace Industries Association
- American Geological Institute
Reports and Analyses
- AAAS Sequestration Brief
- One Voice Against Cancer
- Ad Hoc Group For Medical Research
- AIBS Sequestration report
- Bipartisan Policy Center (sequestration)
- Congressional Budget Office
- FASEB Analysis
- FASEB Fact Sheets (summaries of NIH funding by state)
- FASEB Fact Sheets (sequestration loss estimates)
- Research! America
- Department of Defense FY2013 Sequestration Plan
- UPDATED: NSF plan for budget under sequestration
- National Institutes of Health Fact Sheet
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Defense
- Department of Defense: Secretary Discusses 2014 Defense Budget Request
- Department of Education Secretary Arne Duncan
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- HHS Responds on Sequester Impact
- NASA Update
- National Science Foundation
- OMB Director Jeffrey Zients
- Office of Management and Budget
- AIA President Marion C. Blakely
- AIBS President Susan Strafford
- AIBS Action Alert
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America Petition
- Defense Contractors
- United for Medical Research
- AAAS Sequestration Briefing
- University of Maryland Sequestration Video
- AAU, APLU, and The Science Coalition
- Stand With Science: What’s Next: An Unproductive Use of Desk Space
- Society for Neuroscience
- AIBS Fiscal Cliff
- American Chemical Society
- NIH Director on Sequestration: "God Help Us If We Get A Worldwide Pandemic." 23 August 2013
- "Analysis: Sequestration plays second fiddle in aerospace industry to previous cuts." 29 July 2013.
- "Report: House subcommittee will ban NASA asteroid visit, keep budget at sequestration level." 18 June 2013.
- “How Much Science Funding Will the U.S. Budget Sequester Cut?” Scientific American. 12 March 2013.
- “The Sequester is Going to Devastate U.S. Science Research for Decades.” The Atlantic. 12 March 2013.
- “Bad Medicine.” The Economist. 2 March 2013.
- “Mapping the Effects of the Sequester on Science” NPR. 1 March 2013.
- “Who’s afraid of the sequester’s ax? Not us, say Republican lawmakers.” The Hill. 19 February 2013.
- “Obama says sequester would take ‘meat cleaver’ to government” The Hill. 19 February 2013.
- “NIH Chief: Cuts put vital medical research at risk.” The Washington Times. 14 February 2013.
- “A crucial role in innovation.” Politico. 5 February 2013.
- “What the Fiscal Showdown Means for Science.” Science Progress. November 2012.
- “UGA and Tech presidents: The fiscal cliff looms.” The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 17 November 2012.
- “Sequestration: A Countdown to Disaster.” Washington Business Journal. November 2012.
- “How the White House Could Soften the Blow of the Sequester The Washington Post. November 2012.
- “Sequestration Would Cut U.S. Science Budget by 8.2%, White House Estimates.” ScienceInsider. September 2012.
- “Senate Passes Thune-Sessions Sequestration Transparency Act” Press Release, Committee on the Budget Republicans. July 2012.
Congressional Response/Congressional Commissions
- National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (Simpson-Bowles report)
- Bipartisan Policy Center (Domenici report)