A message from the SciEngage Steering Committee:
SciEngage is intentionally taking a deep look at our own practices, experiences and approaches, as well as what’s happening in the world around us, to better understand how the SciEngage platform can be a valuable resource for meaningful community engagement. The steering committee has spent hours examining and discussing the practice of community engagement, the audiences we currently serve (and don’t serve), our own biases and personal growth opportunities, and the structure and format of our group discussions, all in an effort to enhance how SciEngage operates.
The steering committee is excited to share our hard work with all of you soon, and look forward to your feedback and input as we strive to make SciEngage a valuable platform and space.
The committee thanks Erica Kimmerling and Emily Cloyd for their time and dedication to building SciEngage and this process of re-envisioning the platform. Current steering committee members include Geoff Hunt, Stacey Baker, Manasi Apte, Daniel Aguirre, and Julie Fooshee.
We appreciate your patience and can’t wait to reconnect!
Videos and Discussion Links from Past Meetings
A YouTube playlist of all videos is here. Individual videos are linked below.
- January 22, 2021: Adapting Public Engagement Practices to a Virtual World.
- November 2020: Being Kind to Your Mental Health *due to the sensitive nature of the topic, this meeting was not recorded.
- September 2020: Gathering Thoughts on What's Next
- June 2020: Professional Society Civic Science Initiative
- May 2020: Inclusive Public Science Events (discussion thread)
- April 2020: University/ISE Partnerships for Broader Impacts (discussion thread)
- March 2020: Science Talk (discussion thread)
- February 2020: Connecting Millennials to Science (discussion thread)
- January 2020: Integrating Science Outreach into the Research Enterprise (discussion thread)
- December 2019: AAAS Dialogue on Science, Ethics and Religion (discussion thread)
- November 2019: Inclusive SciComm news storydiscussion thread)
- October 2019: NAS Advancing SciComm Research & Practice (discussion thread)
- August 2019: NPR SciCommers
- June 2019: Pairing Scientists and Artists to Create Infographics
- May 2019: Support Systems for Scientists' Engagementdiscussion thread)
- April 2019: Reporting Out from the 2019 AISL PI Meetingdiscussion thread)
- March 2019: Frameworks for Understanding the Public Engagement Landscapediscussion thread)
- February 2019: Advancing Research Impact in Society (ARIS) Center