The AAAS Center for Science Diplomacy aims to catalyze and demonstrate the important and unique role that scientific exchange and collaboration can play between nations, regions, and across the world where there are challenging geopolitical circumstances.
Throughout its history, the Center has led or facilitated scientific engagements with various other countries where there are challenging diplomatic relationships with the United States to explore the possibility of scientific cooperation.
News about AAAS's work to facilitate U.S.-Cuba science cooperation
- April 2018 - Promoting Scientific Cooperation in Times of Diplomatic Challenges: Sustained Partnership between the Cuban Academy of Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- August 2017 - U.S.-Cuba Meeting Demonstrates Value of Collaboration in Science
- June 2016 - U.S. and Cuban Scientists Explore Advances to Fight Cancer
- March 2016 - Science Diplomacy Improves Cuba, U.S. Relations
- April 2014 - Science Diplomacy Visit to Cuba Produces Historic Agreement