STEM Volunteer Handbook
This handbook is distributed to all volunteers and discussed at the orientations that are held in September. The content has been reviewed by volunteers, teachers, and school staff and is updated regularly.
Climate Change Resources for K-12 STEM Teachers
Members of the STEM Volunteer Program have prepared a group of resources that provide information about climate change and provide ideas for classroom activities. We encourage educators to read, discuss, share, and use the information in their classrooms.
- Sources of greenhouse gases
- Changes that must be made
- More detailed analyses from climate change experts
- Lessons and projects for classroom use
Climate Change Videos
- Monthly global temperature anomalies between the years 1880-2021
- Climate time machine -- a series of visualizations showing how some of Earth's key climate indicators (sea ice, sea level, carbon dioxide, and global temperature are changing over time.