About the AAAS ARISE Initiative
ARISE provides resources, tools, and a community to foster research and evidence-based innovation in STEM preservice teacher education and leadership development programs.
The ARISE network collects and shares information about topics and strategies for research and evidence-based approaches to:
- prepare STEM teachers for the future,
- assess efficacy in STEM teaching, and
- understand effective ways to recruit, train, and retain a high-quality STEM teacher workforce.
Members of the network include researchers, practitioners, state and local education agencies, and professional and educational societies.
Sample These Resources on the ARISE Website
- ADAPTATIONS BLOG shares evidence-based innovations to advances research toward and replication of what works in the education of STEM teachers for high-need school districts.
- ARISE WEBINARS on culturally relevant pedagogy, supporting all learners using active learning pedagogy, and the role of teacher preparation programs in retention of STEM teachers in high-need schools.
- ARISE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER highlighting new resources and opportunities.
- 2019 COMMISSIONED PAPERS related to needed research on STEM teacher preparation.
Contribute to the ARISE Community
- Submit an evidence-based innovation.
- Submit a research article or report.
- Submit ideas for our blog/webinar/newsletter.
- Become a subscriber.
This material is based on work supported by National Science Foundation grant no. DUE 1548986.