2018 – Recruitment of Fellows
- Late October - Call for applications opens.
- Mid-November - Short-listed applicants are selected and informed, and AAAS interviews short-listed applicants.
- Late November onwards – Successful applicants are informed
- Early December - Class of 2019 Fellows is announced.
Note: This year, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up to the application deadline of November 18th 2018.
If you have visa requirements or other reasons for needing a swift decision about your application, you are strongly encouraged to apply early. AAAS cannot provide support with visa applications other than letters of invitation/certificates of attendance for selected fellows.
2019 – FELLOWSHIP YEAR
During the fellowship year there are three in-person trainings at AAAS headquarters in Washington, DC:
- January 12 - Fellowship year begins with a week-long training at AAAS headquarters - all Fellows are expected to attend.
- Early June - Mid-year training and experience exchange at AAAS headquarters - all Fellows are expected to attend.
- Early December - End-of-year debrief and experience exchange at AAAS headquarters - all Fellows are expected to attend.
In addition, during the year Fellows participate in monthly all-cohort webinars and project team work in small groups. Each Fellow also produces a community playbook for their organization to codify and communicate their community strategy and tactics.
Participation in the fellowship requires a commitment of 15% of the Fellow’s work time during the year. This is a rich, rewarding professional development experience. The 2017 Fellows achieved or made progress on 96% of their community goals for the year.
CEFP covers the costs of travel, accommodation and meals at the in-person trainings. We do not provide stipends for community engagement roles.