Applications for the 2019 Fellowship year of the AAAS Community Engagement Fellows Program are open. For a complete timeline see the Community Engagement Fellows Program (CEFP).
How to apply
Once the call for applications is open, please submit your application via the application portal, which will be linked from this page. You can read guidelines for submitting your application here.
Before applying, please carefully review the eligibility criteria below as well as our definitions of community engagement and community manager. If you have any questions before applying, please contact: email@example.com
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date.
"Long-listed" fellowship applicants will be notified and required to:
- Attend an online interview; and
- Submit a Supervisor Questionnaire that clarifies their organization's community goals during the fellowship year.
Online interviews with long-listed applicants will take place in Fall 2018.
Expectations for Fellows during the program
If selected to be a Community Engagement Fellow, all fellows will:
- Support the Program’s mission to professionalize scientific community building
- Spend the majority of their work time during the fellowship on community engagement activities (i.e. be in a full-time community engagement role)
- Champion a community engagement strategy in their organization
- Support members of their organization in the use of community tools or platforms
- Drive engagement in their organization's community(ies) by creating and managing content, data, and relationships
- Participate in training events at AAAS, monthly webinars, and regular online discussions
- Work collaboratively with the other Fellows to share knowledge and compare experiences
Participation in the program takes approximately 15% of a Fellow's work time. If you have any questions or concerns about the time commitment, an approximate break down of fellowship commitments is available upon request.