AAAS and Education Counsel, with the support of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, created policy and law resources to accelerate attainment of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medical (STEMM) higher education. The 2021 Diversity and the Law resources include: In-depth Primary Resources, Quick-Study & Key-Issue Resources, and Tools & Reference Materials, including customizable models. The resources are designed to enable institutions' policy and legal leaders to work together toward achieving their DEI goals. They are designed for STEMM fields, but are broadly useful across institutions.
- Access the 2021 Diversity and the Law resources
- Watch the Report and Resource launch event (Coming Soon):
- Welcome and Overview: Shirley Malcom, AAAS; Jamie Lewis-Keith, EducationCounsel; Lorelle Espinosa, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Key Note Address: Theodore Shaw, University of North Carolina
- Panel 1: Advancing Diversity and Equity in STEMM (and other fields) at a Challenging Time; Q&A
- Panel 2: Governance, Leadership, Operationalization and Process Management of Diversity and Equity
- Closing Remarks