Our partners expect us to refer students who have demonstrated the skills and talents in their STEM fields. To accomplish this, our best applicants meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student for the academic term before and after the desired internship.
- Must have a disability – apparent or non-apparent.
- Must have a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (will be verified by the employer)
To initiate an application, interested students should complete our online application.
Following a preliminary screening review, eligible students will be asked to submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Letter of introduction including field(s) of interest
- Current resume
- A university transcript showing courses taken and most recent GPA (Unofficial is fine)
- Two letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member.
- Statement of Citizenship (i.e. "I am a citizen of the United States, born in __________")
- Statement of Disability
Applications will be accepted for review beginning the first week of September. Portfolio referral to our partners begins in October. Very few applications received after February15 will be considered by our partners.
Applications materials can be emailed to Laureen Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org or be sent via U.S. mail to:
Project Director, Entry Point!
1200 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20005-3920
Questions about the application process should be sent to: