AAAS works with the NSF Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program to identify and disseminate information about effective practices and strategies for attracting, selecting, and preparing new K-12 STEM teachers and retaining them in the STEM teacher workforce. Project components include:
- Co-sponsoring and implementing the NSF Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program annual conferences.
- Producing a publication that highlights the accomplishments of the Noyce Program.
- Developing and maintaining a Program website.
- Organizing proposal preparation workshops.
- Highlighting Noyce alumni working in high-need schools.
The Robert Noyce program was created to respond to the critical need for K-12 teachers of STEM by encouraging talented STEM students and professionals to pursue teaching careers in elementary and secondary schools.