AAAS works with the NSF Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program to identify and disseminate information about effective practices and strategies for attracting, selecting, and preparing new K-12 STEM teachers and retaining them in the STEM teacher workforce. Project components include:
- Co-sponsoring and implementing the NSF Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program annual conferences.
- Producing a publication that highlights the accomplishments of the Noyce Program.
- Developing and maintaining a Program website.
- Organizing proposal preparation workshops.
- Highlighting Noyce alumni working in high-need schools.
The Robert Noyce program was created to respond to the critical need for K-12 teachers of STEM by encouraging talented STEM students and professionals to pursue teaching careers in elementary and secondary schools.
This material is based on work supported by National Science Foundation grant numbers DUE-2041597 and DUE-1548986.