|Citation: Published by Wiley, March 2005.
The first edition of Geographic Information Systems and Science has taken the GIS textbook market by storm, selling over 22,000 copies since publication. It is the most current, authoritative and comprehensive treatment of the field, that goes from fundamental principles to the big picture.
GISS 2e builds on the success of the first edition:
- Completely revised with a new five part structure: Foundations; Principles; Techniques; Analysis; Management and Policy
- All new personality boxes of current GIS practitioners
- New chapters on Distributed GIS, Map Production, Geovisualization, Modeling, and Managing GIS
- Specific coverage of current hot topics:
- GIS and the New World Order
- Security, health and well-Being
- Digital differentiation in GIS consumption
- The core organizing role of GIS in geography
- The greening of GIS
- Grand challenges of GIS science
- Science and explanation
A new suite of instructor resources including a companion website with an on-line lab resource and personal student sullabus and a cehensive Instructor’s Manual that maps the textbook to various disciplines and levels of courses.